For women, having a bumpy behind is an enormous plus factor. Aside from being an instant eye turner, you won’t need to wear specific cuts of clothes just to boost your buttocks visually.
For those who are not blessed with a bootylicious figure, you might have tried several methods to enhance your form. In fact, several women have resorted to cosmetic and surgical enhancements to achieve a bigger behind.
According to BBC, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reports that there are more than 5,000 legal buttocks lift procedures done in the past years. This number continues to grow alongside illegal clinics and fraudulent surgeons. If you’re not blessed to have the genes of JLO, Kim Kardashian or Nicki Minaj, avoid spending your fortune or risking your life just to get a bigger butt. Instead, follow these simple and practical tips on how to make your buttocks bigger.
All You Need To Know About Your Butt
Having a bigger behind gives women a boost of self-esteem. No wonder, more women are doing everything they can to improve their figure somehow from behind. But before you do anything, make sure that you are aware of what you’re getting into in first place. To give you additional information about growing your booty, here are some facts about buttocks enhancement.
Your buttocks, scientifically named as Gluteus Maximus, is the largest muscle in your body. According to Vancouver Health Coach, Gluteus Maximus works with two other muscles namely Gluteus Medius and Gluteus Minimus to help you stand up from sitting. These muscles have layers of fat that comprise your butt.
Just like your abdomen, excess fats will overshadow the real form of muscles. Let’s put it this way – fats don’t have a definite shape. They’re usually sagging and are not visually pleasant. Thus, if you want a firmer and bigger behind, you need to grow your gluteus and not the fats.
Losing weight will reduce body fats. For example, if you eat less and sweat more, you will lose weight. However, when it comes to your butt, it’s an entirely different story. Your regular cardio exercises do not easily remove butt fats.
Therefore, you need to perform specific exercises that target your glutes to see visible results. Truly Booty adds that various foods can help promote bigger behind. However, if you remove exercise from the equation, it will all be a waste of time.
As mentioned above, the key to a bigger butt is a combination of healthy lifestyle and exercise. Thus, I have divided the steps on how to achieve a bumpy butt into two main categories – Lifestyle Overhaul and Workout Routines.
8 Lifehacks For A Bumpy Behind
To start your journey to a sexier and nicer booty, you need to say goodbye to your old and unhealthy habits. Here are the steps on how to get bigger glutes through a healthy lifestyle:
Reduce Sugar And Carbohydrate Intake
Sugar and carbohydrates are enemies of anyone who want to lose butt fats and grow firmer glutes. According to Diabetes Health, unused sugars and carbs are stored by your body as fats. Consequently, they also cause a spike in your blood sugar level, forcing your body to release insulin. As a result, you feel like you want to eat again. Here are the steps in cutting down your sugar and carb intake:
- First of all, start your meal with a glass of water
- Reduce the serving size of your dessert
- Choose red or brown rice over regular white rice
- Use honey instead of table sugar
- Avoid drinking fruit juices and sodas
You may find it hard to let go of the foods you love to eat. However, you can train your brain to dislike them. If you want to have a well-toned behind, it’s just a matter of self-discipline and commitment.
Eat Fiber-Rich Food
Fibers are your superheroes when it comes to losing excess fats. There are two types of fiber – soluble and insoluble. The Harvard School of Public Health defines fiber as a carbohydrate that the human body cannot digest. Therefore, it allows your metabolism to go on and on. As an adult, you need to consume 20-30 grams of fiber daily. Here are a few ways on how to increase your fiber intake:
- Eat the whole fruits (including the skin if edible) instead of juicing it
- Choose whole grain products
- Eat cereals in the morning
- Eat more legumes and beans
- Increase your weekly serving of vegetables
Aside from helping you reduce butt fat, fiber also reduces the risk of certain cancers and lowers your cholesterol level. It also cleans up your colon for an efficient digestion and bowel movement.
Get Enough Rest
Believe it or not, your muscles get tired as well. After a long day in the gym, your muscles including your gluteus maximus is beaten badly. It’s important that you take enough rest to give time for your glutes and other muscles to heal and rejuvenate. Very Well explains that when you rest, your body replenishes all the energy lost during a workout. It is also the best time where muscles and tissues naturally repair.
Thus, longer hours in the gym can also be counter-productive. Sleeping remains to be the best form of rest for the mind and body. Not convinced to take a rest? The Florida Hospital enumerates some benefits of resting that you should know:
- Reboots your mind
- Improves memory
- Improves overall health
- Lowers stress
Changing your lifestyle for the better is the only key to having a bigger butt.
You might have seen several people in the gym doing squats. This should not surprise you since squats are one of the most common butt exercises for women. The squat is a full-body workout that not only targets glutes but your quads and hamstrings as well. Furthermore, squats also help improve your balance, coordination, and bone density. Here’s how to perform squats:
- Start by standing up with your feet a little wider than your shoulders
- Next, raise both arms forward with your palms facing down
- Then, slowly bend your knees until your upper leg forms a 90-degree angle with the lower leg. Your torso will slightly lean forward and your spine arched
- Finally, straighten back your knees and return to starting position
I personally recommend that you do three sets of 20 repetitions. You can also opt to do the jump squats which are a more advanced version. Click on this link and check how to do proper squats:
Lunges is another quintessential exercise that makes the butt firmer and bigger. Aside from targeting your glutes, this routine also affects your leg muscles. However, If you have a history of knee injury, I suggest you choose a different workout. Lunges put the majority of the strain on your knees while doing the exercise. Therefore, it may exacerbate any minor injuries if not performed accurately. To avoid getting splints when making lunges, simply follow these steps:
- First, stand erect with your feet shoulder width apart. Be sure to keep your back and leg straight
- Second, place one leg in front. Simultaneously, bend the knee of the other leg
- Next, stand back and return to your original position
- Then, do the same movements by putting the other leg in front
- Finally, perform this routine with alternating legs. Do three sets of 15 reps for each leg
If you want to test your limits, you may carry a light barbell on your shoulders. The added weight will increase the difficulty of the exercise but will also yield better results. See this video tutorial about lunges:
If you’re looking for an exercise with maximum effect in your glutes, it would be Kick Backs. As the name suggests, this workout involves your legs kicking backward to contract your buttocks. This exercise can be done anywhere as long as you have enough space to stretch your legs. Besides, there are many variations for this routine giving you a lot of options to choose. Here are the steps in performing Kickbacks:
- Start by positioning your body on the floor similar to a crawling baby. Your knees must be apart and should have the same width as your arms
- Then, ensure that your knees make 90 degrees with your hams and your head must be directed forward
- Lift one of your legs up and kick the air until you can feel a squeezing sensation on your butt
- Next, return your leg to its original position and do the same with the other leg
- Finally, finish the routine by completing the required number of repetitions
Standing kickback is a variation of the original kick back. The movement is basically the same; the only difference is that you’re standing on one leg while doing the kick. Watch this video and know how to execute Kickbacks:
Heel raise is arguably the simplest exercise that enhances your behind. In fact, it is so simple that you can even perform it while at work. This exercise targets your glutes and calves. If you want to see better results, you may perform the more advanced version that uses a calf machine or holding a couple of dumbbells on your sides. Follow these steps to perform Heel Raise:
- First of all, stand erect on any flat floor
- Next, position your feet a few inches apart. It should not be as wide as your shoulders
- Then, raise your heels off the floor by concentrating your body weight on toes. While doing this, keep your knees locked and straight
- Finally, lower down to your starting position. Repeat the required number of repetitions
Glute bridge is an exercise that corrects the muscular balances in your butt. As mentioned in the early part of this article, your gluteus maximus helps you stand easily from a sitting position. Therefore, a well-formed butt is an essential part of keeping your balance and avoiding injuries. Though this routine is very useful, take extreme caution.
Avoid this workout if you’ve spine and back injuries. The last thing you want to happen is to break your spinal column and paralyze your body. To prevent this from happening, follow these instructions in doing Glute Bridge:
- Lie flat on your back on the floor
- Next, keep your hands on each side with your palms facing down
- Using your heels, lift your hips off the floor. Remember to keep your back straight
- Then, hold this position for a few seconds
- Finally, go back to the starting position. Finish the routine by completing the sets
Glute bridge is popular as an ab workout. However, it also targets your glutes as you raise your hips. To increase the difficulty of the routine, you may use one leg at a time. Do this by raising the other leg while raising your hips. Although this is harder to perform, it also yields faster results compared to the conventional Glute Bridge.
Here’s a link to a tutorial video showing how to perform Glute Bridge:
Having a sexy back has undeniably become a trend for cosmopolitan women. The bigger the bump behind them, the more attention they get. Consequently, some women tend to prefer the surgical route for faster results. However, making your butt bigger through natural means is more sustainable and safer.
In conclusion, regardless of your reason for wanting to have a firmer and bigger butt, I personally recommend to get on your feet and work your ass off. Oops, no pun intended.
Did you learn something from this article? Are you doing some of the routines listed above? Let us know if it works so that we can inspire more people. Please do share this article on any of your social media accounts. We would love to help other people enhance their butt safely and naturally.