What if you moved into a new place where pollens, dust, and animal hairs are all over. The sad part is that you have asthma and you’re allergic to all of them. What should you do? Well, cleaning your home is the best measure to undertake. However, you cannot get rid of these allergens completely by simply using conventional tools. Instead, you may need a vacuum cleaner that suits the job. If this is your first time buying such an appliance, there’s nothing to worry about. This article will present to you the best vacuums for allergies and asthma. We will compare all the hottest products on Amazon. Furthermore, we will determine which of them can do the job best.
Tips On Buying Vacuum Cleaners
Having the right vacuum cleaner is the first step in achieving an allergy and asthma-free life. According to Health, vacuuming can eliminate a huge portion of dust and dirt that causes allergies and asthma. However, not all products function the same. Hence, it is important to ensure that your vacuum cleaner does what it is bought for. Below are some tips for buying the best vacuum cleaners for asthma and allergy sufferers according to Vacuums Guide:
Know Your Type Of Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum cleaners have two kinds – the upright and the handheld canister type. Before buying, you must determine which type suits you best. However, if you want to play safe, select a product that can work both ways.
Ensure An Efficient Filtration System
Regardless of the type, you’re using, the filtration system of your vacuum cleaner must be efficient. For one, this is the reason why you’re vacuuming. According to Allergy Buyers Club, High-Efficiency Particulate Air filters are a must to a vacuum machine. It locks up the smallest particles and dust that can trigger allergic reactions. Hence, it can significantly benefit users suffering from allergy and asthma.
Look For A Product That You Can Easily Maneuver
Unless your house does not have any furniture, this remains to be a top consideration. Achoo Allergy suggests looking for a product that can go up to the areas that are hardest to reach. Thus, you can ensure maximum recovery of dust and particulates. Moreover, you may select the cordless versions to expand your reach.
Overwhelmed With The Choices?
If you’re having a hard time deciding which one to buy, I can’t blame you. Apparently, there are hundreds of products that promise to keep your surroundings allergen-free. However, just like in buying other stuff, you need to know which one serves your purpose well. To help you make a smart decision, I examined the hottest products on Amazon. Moreover, I evaluated their pros and cons to come up with the ultimate choice.
The Best Vacuums For Asthma And Allergies
BISSELL 9595A Vacuum With OnePass – Corded
The first on our list is a compelling product from Bissell. Amazon considers it as the number 1 best seller. There’s no doubt that this product makes your home allergen free. In fact, it has over 8,000 reviews with an average rating of 4.3 stars.
Additional benefits include:
- 25 feet power cord that allow you to reach every corner
- 5 level height adjustments to suit all members of the family
- 2-year limited warranty for added protection
I love this product. I am aware of negative feedbacks about this item, but personally, I like it. I’ve been using it for almost six months now, and it is very efficient in removing fine particles. Moreover, I can use it conveniently on wooden stairs or even carpeted floors. Hence, without any second thought, I highly recommend Bissell 9595A.
It is very efficient in removing fine particles. Moreover, I can use it conveniently on wooden stairs or even carpeted floors.
- One of the best selling points of this product is its powerful suction. Thus, it can quickly remove dust and animal hair.
- Also, it uses a multi-cyclonic system to separate the wastes. With its 2.27 L dirt capacity, you’re sure to have enough space for cleaning the entire house.
- In addition, it has a multi-level filtration system. It’s perfect for people who want to bid pollens, dust, and other fine allergens goodbye.
- Finally, Bissell 9595A includes a turbo brush tool for stairs, furniture, and other hard to reach areas. In short, this vacuum is all that you need for a clean and allergen-free house.
- 25 feet power cord that allow you to reach every corner.
- 5 level height adjustments to suit all members of the family.
- 2-year limited warranty for added protection.
VonHaus 600W 2-In-1 Corded Upright Stick & Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Our next one on the list is a product of Von Haus. Just like the Bissell Vacuum cleaner, it also gained a lot of satisfied customers in Amazon. No wonder, it is enjoying an average of 4.3 stars from over 2,000 reviews.
If I were to decide, this product is still a worthy investment. I personally like the fact that you can use it as a handheld or an upright vacuum. Also, the HEPA filter is a major plus point. It’s a major turn on for asthmatic users since it can efficiently lock in the dust. Despite the negative remarks about the VonHaus vacuum, it still deserves to be a part of our list.
The HEPA filter is a major turn on for asthmatic users since it can efficiently lock in the dust.
- If you are very particular about dust, pollens, and animal hair, you may want to consider this product. It has 6000 Watts power rating and 130 air watts suction power. With this suction power, it can contain virtually suck all allergy-causing particulates around you.
- Removing the dirt you’ve collected is also a breeze. Thanks to its 1.2-lt dust tank.
- One of the best features of this vacuum cleaner is its HEPA and quality sponge filtration system. Apparently, this technology locks in up to the smallest particles. Meaning, they don’t simply recirculate in the system. Also, it prevents a possible spread of bacteria and germs that may cause allergy or can trigger asthma.
- Finally, this product is versatile. In fact, you can use it either as a handheld or a corner upright stick.
- I couldn’t complain much about the features of this fantastic product. However, similar to other vacuum cleaners, it also has its disadvantages. First, its power button is too accessible. It’s supposed to be an advantage. However, it is so accessible that you can accidently turn it off while using it.
- Second, it is quite short for regular-sized people. Some users find it too “cute” that they need to bend over when using it.
- Finally, there are some issues with its sound. It can be a minor issue, but some users find it louder than other models.
Anker HomeVac Duo 2-In-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re sick of the tangling cords of vacuum cleaners, this cordless beauty could be perfect for you. This flagship product of Anker features a cord-free version of your usual vacuum cleaner. Similar to other products on our list, it also earned a lot of positive feedback with 4.3 rating on Amazon.
I understand every product will always have its flaws. In the case of Anker HomeVac, the concerns of users are all valid and need attention. However, it cannot negate the fact that it’s still a quality product that you need to try. After all, you’re buying a product because of its features and not because of its flaws.
The main feature of Anker HomaVac Duo is a cordless vacuum cleaner. You can go anywhere in your house without the worry of running out of cord.
- The main feature of Anker HomaVac Duo is a cordless vacuum cleaner. Instead of attaching it to a power source, you can use it with a 2000 mAh lithium ion battery. You can go anywhere in your house without the worry of running out of cord.
- Also, you can quickly switch it to Eco mode. In this setup, you can have a full hour of operation without draining the battery.
- Also, it’s a dual purpose device. Thus, you can use it as an upright machine, or a handheld vacuum.
- Finally, you will enjoy its revolutionary Cyclonic system. It keeps the dust away from the motor. As a result, clogging of suction is next to impossible.
- These amazing features of Ankers HomeVac come with a slew of cons. For starters, the battery seems to be a major issue. Despite the eco mode, some users find the battery life to be too short. Although, in fairness to the product, it can be an effect of various factors.
- Next, a few users pointed out a weak suction power. Some complained that it is not as strong as other brands.
- Finally, a minor hardware defect. Chipped off plastic, broken cord and the likes are minor manufacturing defects that you can easily forgive. Luckily, the manufacturer is ready to provide replacements.
Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum (SV1106)
If your pet sheds a lot of hair that causes you to sneeze, this cordless vacuum cleaner is for you. Shark Ninja introduces this product that offers a very efficient way to collect animal hair. With 4.2 star rating on Amazon from over 3000 reviews, there’s no reason why won’t you love this device.
Overall, I will still recommend this product. Compared to the nods it received, the dissatisfied customers are very minimal. Although it’s the best out there, Shark Navigator Vacuum does its job well.
Shark Navigator Vacuum has its extra large dust cup. With this cup in place, you can empty the dirt compartment less frequently.
- One of the features of this product that caught my attention is its extra large dust cup. With this cup in place, you can empty the dirt compartment less frequently.
- In addition, this vacuum cleaner has smart navigation technology. It allows you to maneuver around furniture conveniently.
- Also, you won’t have to wait for long hours to fill the battery. With its precision charging, your battery will be ready for use in as little as 4 hours.
- Despite receiving excellent reviews from satisfied customers, this product has some flaws as well. Some users complain about its battery. Just like with other battery-operated vacuums, battery life is a major issue.
- Also, some users complained about clogged suction. Although this is a very serious flaw, the product comes with instructions on how to deal with it. It may not be the easiest and the most convenient thing to do, but it addresses the problem efficiently.
Choosing The Best Vacuum
Honestly, if I were to buy a vacuum today for my allergies, I will be in a dilemma. I am torn between the Bissell and the VonHaus vacuum. Both products have their fair share of benefits and downsides. However, if I need to choose only one, I will settle with VonHaus because of its HEPA filters. It’s vital for people with allergy and asthma just like me. Thus, VonHaus Vacuum for me is the runaway winner.
Having allergies or asthma is not the best experience in the world. A runny nose, sneezing, and other symptoms keep bothering you all day. One of the best ways to help mitigate your condition is by keeping your surrounding clean. Hence, it is a must that you have a dedicated vacuum cleaner. If you still haven’t made up your mind yet, why not go with my suggestion. Believe me; the VonHaus vacuum cleaner is the last thing that you’ll ever need.
Did you enjoy our article for today? As usual, I hope that you learned something new. If you also suffer from allergy and asthma, let me know what kind of vacuum cleaner you’ve been using. Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving some comments below. Do share this article with your friends and folks.